2019 Honda XR650L
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
The Honda XR650L is a legendary bike. Not for the way it looks or because of how many races it's won. But because of how brutally perfect it is for serious off-road adventures. Fully street legal, thousands of riders use it as a brilliant commuter. But when the road ends and the trails start, an entire generation of riders has proven that this is the machine you want, because it never lets you down.
Its ultra-tough 644cc overhead-cam engine has torque and power to spare. And because it's air-cooled, it's easy to maintain, and there's no hoses or radiators to leak out in the middle of nowhere. The engine's gear-driven counterbalancer reduces vibrations, so you're more likely to ride farther. Long-travel suspension is trail proven, and easily tames the gnarliest pavement. The XR650L is the dual-sport that rolls up its sleeves and gets the job done.
- Steel Frame: The XR650L's steel frame is designed to handle the intensity of off-road travel. Plus, the frame's backbone doubles as the engine's oil tank, saving weight and space.
- Street-Legal Features: Fully equipped for the street—including turn signals, license-plate light, mirrors, speedometer and more. There's even a grab strap and footpegs for a passenger.
- Disc Brakes: Front- and rear-disc brakes provide superior stopping power. Both front and rear disc rotors are drilled for lightness and better wet-weather performance.
- Electric Starter: Adventure is just the push of a button away. The XR650L's electric starter takes all the drama out of restarting off-road, or getting underway on a cold morning or after the bike's been sitting all week.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Honda's Pro-Link® rear suspension system offers compliant and comfortable ride quality with a high level of wheel control. Initial rates are soft for supple action over small bumps and ripples, while increasingly stiffer rates resist bottoming and maintain rear-wheel control over rougher surfaces.
- Dry-Sump Lubrication: The XR's dry-sump design keeps the engine compact and eliminates the oil pan for superior ground clearance and damage resistance. With the engine oil in the frame, the frame itself acts like a giant oil cooler.
- Four-Stroke Engine: The XR650L's four-stroke, single-cylinder engine offers good fuel efficiency and a wide powerband. In addition, its proven powerplant requires very little maintenance.
- Passenger Ready: With a passenger grab strap, folding passenger pegs, a long MX-style seat and plenty of Honda power, the XR650L lets you carry a passenger with ease.
- Sealed Battery: No maintenance hassles here, even in case of an off-road tip over. The sealed battery has plenty of cranking power for the electric starter, and is well protected from the vibrations of off-road riding.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: With a full 11.6 inches of travel, the air-adjustable 43mm fork also offers 16-position compression damping adjustability, letting you fine-tune it to deal with the bumps of off-road riding.
- 21-Inch Front Wheel: The 21-inch front wheel gives you a wide choice of tire selection for different riding conditions.
- 18-Inch Rear Wheel: The 18-inch rear wheel gives you a better overall ride and more sidewall protection against flats, and still offers a wide choice of on- or off-road tires.
- Engine Type: 644cc air-cooled dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 100mm x 82mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.3:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four-valve RFVC™
- Induction: 42.5mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Ignition: Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
- Front Suspension: 43mm air-adjustable axle Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-inches of travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-inches travel
- Front Brake: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single disc
- Front Tire: 3.00-21
- Rear Tire: 4.60-18
- Rake: 27.0 degrees
- Trail: 102mm (4.0 inches)
- Wheelbase: 57.3 inches
- Seat Height: 37.0 inches
- Curb Weight: 346 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 2.8 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
- Ground Clearance: 13.0 inches
- Miles Per Gallon: 52 MPG - Miles per gallon values are calculated estimates of fuel consumed during laboratory exhaust emissions tests specified by the EPA, not during on road riding. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride and maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, cargo and accessories, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: XR650L
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resource Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Dry-sump single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 100mm x 82mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- 42.5mm diaphragm-type CV carburetor
- Solid-state CD with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- #520 O-ring-sealed chain; 15T/45T
- Front Suspension
- 43mm air-adjustable axle Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 11.6-in. of travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® Showa single-shock with spring-preload, 20-position compression- and 20-position rebound-damping adjustability; 11.0-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 57.3 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.0 in.
- 27.0 deg.
- 102mm (4.0 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.8 gal., including 0.6-gal. reserve
- 52 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 346 lb.
- One year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan